Plastic Bags DIY
How to Make Mat From Plastic Bags:
What you'll need:
- 500-700 plastic shopping bags (for a person-sized mat, but can vary depending on what you're using the mat for)
- 10mm or larger Crochet hook
1. Flatten the plastic bag to best you can and straighten any of the bags creases
2. Cut off the handles and the bottom seam so that you're left with a rectangle. This can then be cut into four strips that become loops when opened up.
3. After you have lots of loops, hook them together with a basic larks head knot. This is done by overlapping two of the loops end-to-end, then pulling the top of one end through the middle intersection of the two loops. Repeat this step.
4. From here you can start to crochet! You'll need approximately 42 chain stitches, and then continue to crochet until you arrive at your desired length.
5. Recycle the scrap plastic at your local grocery store to ensure that nothing is wasted